To apply for a Homestead Exemption online, you need to provide electronic copies of the documents listed below
- Electronic copy of your ID (driver’s license or state ID). Address on the ID must match the address of the property for which the exemption is being applied.
- Electronic copy of one of the following:
- Current unpaid Entergy bill, cable bill or AT&T landline bill showing owner’s address. Both the service location and mailing address on any bill provided must match the address of the property for which the exemption is being applied. The bill provided must show standard residential usage. (Please note we do not accept Sewerage and Water Board bills.)
- Electronic copy of the signed Homestead Exemption form (can be downloaded here)
- Once the appointment is scheduled, the person on virtual appointment must visually match the person on the ID. If there is more than one applicant on the form, each person must be present for the virtual appointment.
System requirements for the virtual appointment:
- You will need an internet connected device (laptop, computer or tablet) that has a speaker, a microphone and a camera (built in camera or a webcam) and is capable of running Zoom software or a browser that is capable of running Zoom through the web.
- A more extensive list of requirements can be viewed here