Posting Date : May 19, 2023
Job Title : Data Entry Clerk
Job type : Full-time
Classification : Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to : Data Entry Supervisor
The Data Entry Clerk is responsible for inputting data and making changes to existing data figures in digital databases.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines for entering, updating, researching, verifying and/or retrieving data into/from various systems.
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry.
- Check source documents and completed work for accuracy.
- Knowledge of database software, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, sit or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Track documents received and completion dates.
- Able to interact in cooperative and professional manner, with all levels of staff and taxpayers.
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Information obtained, reviewed, or transmitted while performing your job functions/duties are confidential.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED Certification.
- Experience: Qualified applicants must have at least three years of related experience keyboard skills and proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office product (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).